MDE20622 - New House Farm, Challacombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The building is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, but is not labelled.  The building is labelled as a Post Office on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  By 1963, the Post Office had moved to its new location at SS 6935 4104. The original Post Office building is shown but not labelled.  The building is labelled as New House Farm on the modern Ordnance Survey mapping. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:10560/1962-3.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6938 4097 (12m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31563
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/163
Record last edited
Apr 30 2018 11:58AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.