MDE20597 - Breakneck Hole Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
'Breakneck Hole Quarry' is shown on the six inch 1905 2nd Edition and six inch 1962 Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The quarry is also depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition map.  The site was occupied by a rectangular building and a track on the 2021 MasterMap data. Some of the earthworks of the quarry remains are also shown. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 7SW.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <3>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44206 ]
- <4> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7157 4107 (62m by 59m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31530
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/120
Record last edited
Feb 24 2021 2:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.