MDE20581 - Indown Quarry, Challacombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map depicts and labels Indown Quarry at SS 6573 4202.  The quarry is marked as disused on the 6 inch 2nd Edition and 6 inch 1963 maps. [2,3] The site is shown very clearly on aerial photographs taken by the Ordnance Survey and held by Devon County Council.  The site is partitioned from the rest of the field on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, Devon 6SW.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. OS 73/163/11-12 (15 May 1973), Devon County Council North Area Office.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46410 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6572 4202 (84m by 55m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 20107
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/125
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 3:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.