MDE20550 - Brakebrook Farmstead, Parracombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Now derelict farm site of Brakebrook. The roof is shown as intact on aerial photographs taken in 1947. [1-4] Brakebrook is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The site is labelled 186 on the Parracombe Tithe Map, with a small parcel labelled 185 adjacent to it. 186 is described as "House and Courts" and 185 as "Garden", both owned and occupied by Richard Lovering.  Brakebrook is depicted and labelled on the 2020 MasterMap data. It is not clear whether the existing house was not derelict in the 1980s or if it has been brought back into use since this time. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.4089 (April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/13/062 (May 1977).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6745D.
- <4> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. 6NE.
- <5>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44420 ]
- <6> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcels 185 and 186.
- <7> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6787 4523 (92m by 71m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17936
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/50
Record last edited
Oct 27 2020 4:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.