MDE20519 - Undated bank near Red Cleave (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A low bank running irregularly northeast to southwest by Red Cleave. Runs from SS 6154 4804 to SS 6214 4852. Its visibility is good on the 1946 aerial photograph. [1,2]
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6148a.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF/106G/UK/1655,3181 (July 1946).
- <3> SEM6876 Report: The National Trust. 1984. Holdstone Down, Devon. 6.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6180 4829 (561m by 424m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA107760 (National Trust HER entry: MNA107760)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17905
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/23
- National Trust HER Record: MNA107760
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (20-50)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.