MDE20483 - Possible Bronze Age barrow on North Molton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A round mound, possibly a Bronze Age barrow was noted on aerial photographs on North Molton Ridge. [1-3] At 776 324. Several mounds were noted on aerial photographs but could not be found during field investigation. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7732a.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3374 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/12/045, 12/055 (May 1977).
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 February 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7761 3244 (33m by 33m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053806 (Pastscape entry: 1053806)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17869
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/532
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE13273
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE50
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1053806
Record last edited
Mar 28 2017 2:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.