MDE20469 - Post-medieval building and yard north of the River Mole (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
Possible building remains have been transcribed from aerial photographs north of Long Wood. [1,2] A building, yard, and field boundaries were depicted on the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition in 1890. They have since been removed as part of agricultural improvement. [3,4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980.3377 (April 1947).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7533a.
- <3>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890, Devon 15(3). [Mapped feature: #47595 ]
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 5 January 1995.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053931, Extant 6 October 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7591 3391 (38m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17855
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/519
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE13278
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE55
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053931
Record last edited
Oct 6 2021 11:58AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.