MDE20459 - Possible Bronze Age barrow among 'Five Barrows' (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A possible Bronze Age barrow, one of ten, was visible on aerial photographs taken in 1947 and 1977. This is located within the main 'Five Barrows' group. [1-3] This site lies in the vicinity of the area scheduled in August 1986. 
- <1>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7336b. [Mapped feature: #43652 ]
- <2> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . RAF/CPE/UK/1980 4444 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . MAM/14/099 (May 1977).
- <4> SEM7295 Report: English Heritage. 1999. List of Scheduled Monuments: Devon, and the Unitary Authorities of Plymouth, and Torbay.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7323 3673 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17845
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/570
Record last edited
Sep 21 2020 2:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.