MDE20428 - Possible Bronze Age barrow near the Chapman Barrows (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A low is mound visible on aerial photographs. It is a possible barrow of Chapman group. Good on 1947 aerial photograph, fair on 1977 photograph. [1-3] No visible trace of this feature which is sited on land improved in c1980. 
- <1> SDE61125 Aerial photograph: RAF. April 1947. CPE/UK 1980. Aerial Photograph. 3088. 3088.
- <2> SDE61126 Aerial photograph: Unknown. May 1977. MAM/13/067.
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6943C. [Mapped feature: #44134 ]
- <4> SEM8676 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Devon County Council staff comments. C Timms, 1983.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6936 4351 (19m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17813
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/99
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 4:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.