MDE20382 - Prehistoric flint at Furzehill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Several flint arrowheads of various patterns were found at Furzehill by John Richards, a labourer of Parracombe.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SEM6795 Article in serial: Chanter, J.F.. 1906. The Parishes of Lynton and Countisbury. Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 38. 114-224. 120. [Mapped feature: #33376 ]
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35498, Extant 12 January 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 72 43 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 13966
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/66
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE1330
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74SW62
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35498
Record last edited
Jan 12 2022 4:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.