MDE20364 - Possible Bronze Age barrow on Parracombe Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A very low mound, possible barrow, lying 34 metres from the 'henge' (MDE1064). This may be the circular feature identified on aerial photographs by R Macdonnell's survey; alternatively, it may be an additional subsurface feature. [1-3] Monument record reviewed as part of NRHE to HER pilot project. [4,5]
- <2> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM 13/120 (May 1977).
- <3> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. SS64SE/64, T Greeves, site visit, 17 December 1980.
- <4> SEM8323 Archive: Historic England. 2016. NRHE to HER prototype website test. 1571732.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1571732, Extant 12 July 2016.
- <11> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK 1980 4086 (April 1947).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6922 4488 (25m by 22m) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12588
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/64
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 SE168
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1571732
Record last edited
May 5 2021 5:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.