MDE14800 - Two Buildings at the New Florence Iron Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
The remains of two buildings which form part of the New Florence Iron Mine have been tentatively identified as offices/stabling building and a magazine. The offices consist of a very ruinous rectangular building measuring 20.5m by 4.5m with wallls averaging 0.5m. The magazine lies 55m to the north east of this and is visible as a nearly square building with walls of up to 1.5m high. It has an entrance on the south-western side.
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Dixon D 1983 "Mining and the Community in the parishes of North Molton.." unpublished PhD thesis, .
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Wilson-North WR 15-FEB-93 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7529 3207 (61m by 45m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1097018 (Pastscape entry: 1097018)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE17
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1097018
Record last edited
Jan 27 2020 1:35PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.