MDE13268 - Possible undated enclosure on North Molton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An enclosure and possible barrow were identified by the DCRA FSO on aerial photographs. McDonnell observes low banks forming a possible circular enclosure with a further D shaped enclosure inside it. [1-3] An enclosure was noted on aerial photographs but no feature was located during RCHME field investigation. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7833a.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980 3372 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/12/056 (May 1977).
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 February 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 788 330 (117m by 116m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053798 (Pastscape entry: 1053798)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 12185
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/510
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20258
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE44
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1053798
Record last edited
Mar 28 2017 2:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.