MDE13265 - Post-medieval adit north of Barcombe Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
The remains of an adit, part of the New Florence Iron Mine complex, evidenced as a gulley 7 metres long and 4 metres wide and 1.2 metres deep. It has an associated spoil mound. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1905, Devon 15(7).
- <2>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 12 January 1995. [Mapped feature: #29479 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1053789, Extant 5 October 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7599 3208 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1053789 (Pastscape entry: 1053789)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 60642
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/504/25
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21700
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE42
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1053789
Record last edited
Oct 5 2021 9:57AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.