MDE13246 - Post-medieval iron mining remains on Triss Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8116 3019. Prospecting pits and spoil heaps connected with iron mining were noted during field survey.  This record may or may not refer to the same site as that mentioned in MDE21585.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 11 May 1995.
- <2> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 18 February 2019.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1052291, Extant 2 February 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 8116 3019 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1052291 (Pastscape entry: 1052291)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW61
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1052291
Record last edited
Feb 2 2022 3:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.