MDE13244 - Bronze Age barrow on Black Ball (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A prehistoric round barrow on Black Ball consisting of a circular flat topped mound 16.9 metres in diameter and 0.5 metres high. Its profile is somewhat obscured by dense heather but vague traces of an encircling ditch 0.1 metres deep can be discerned. The barrow has suffered from damage - there is a rectangular hollow cut into the northeast quadrant, posssibly a shelter and several narrow, sharp sided grooves thought to be the result of military activity. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 11 May 1995.
|Grid reference||SS 8129 3073 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1052269 (Pastscape entry: 1052269)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW59
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1052269
Record last edited
Feb 11 2019 2:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.