MDE13237 - Post-medieval building north of White Moor (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Earthwork remains of former building, probably post-medieval measuring 4.4 metres by 10.2 metres and consisting of a bank 0.5 metres high. The function of the building is unclear.  Structure visible on aerial photographs from 1946-8 and may be associated with World War II related activity.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 7 April 1995. [Mapped feature: #29459 ]
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1052126, Extant 2 February 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 8125 3047 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1052126 (Pastscape entry: 1052126)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW40
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1052126
Record last edited
Feb 2 2022 2:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.