MDE12861 - Possible undated linear earthwork north of Longstone Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 7060 4285. McDonnell refers to a linear earthwork feature visible on aerial photographs. [1-3] The National Grid Reference of this feature quoted by the Devon SMR is SS 7060 4285. The centre of the feature as shown on McDonnell's aerial photograph transcript (as supplied to the RCHME) is SS 7080 4290. There is no trace of this linear feature on the ground at either site.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR SS 7042:SF 1460/30,39 (7 March 1979).
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. [Mapped feature: #44454 ]
- <3> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. SS74SW/107.
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1044133, Extant 18 January 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7082 4292 (151m by 376m) Transcribed from digitised AP transcription|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1044133 (Original Monarch entry: 1044133)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74SW/107
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 21631
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20942
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW134
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1044133
Record last edited
Jan 18 2022 12:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.