MDE12854 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 7330 4369 An irregular bank forming a small sub-rectangular enclosure seen by McDonnell(a) on air photos(b). There is no trace of this alleged enclosure on fairly steep slopes overlooking Warcombe Water just to the north of the Devon/Somerset County Boundary. (1ab)
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. McDonnell R 1977-85 CRAAGS Exmoor Air Photo Survey.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Air Photo Apr 1947 RAF/CPE/UK/1980 3081.
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Sainsbury I S 28-JUN-1995 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7329 4368 (58m by 62m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1044095 (Pastscape entry: 1044095)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74SW94
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW126
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1044095
Record last edited
Mar 27 2018 1:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.