MDE12799 - World War Two slit trenches on Clannon Ball (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Centred at SS 7581 4416 is an area of earthworks first recorded from air photographs.  The linear group of earthworks cover an area measuring 25 metres by 8 metres. They form a linear hollow probably associated with World War Two military activity in the area (see MSO7776).  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. CRAAGS Exmoor AP survey 1979-85.. [Mapped feature: #29401 ]
- <2> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 June 1994.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1041188, Extant 16 June 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7581 4416 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1041188 (Pastscape entry: 1041188)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE123
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1041188
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 1:56PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.