MDE11933 - Post-medieval quarry south of Wat Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A circular feature is recorded at SS 7875 4723 by McDonnell . At the National Grid Reference cited is a smoothed hollow in the northeast facing natural slope. A quarry is shown in this position on the 25 inch 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping . 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890, Devonshire 3(16). [Mapped feature: #46928 ]
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. RCHME Field Investigation, 25 November 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7876 4721 (12m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1001734 (Pastscape entry: 1001734)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NE44
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1001734
Record last edited
Jan 20 2021 1:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.