MDE11755 - Post-medieval quarry north of Trilly Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS 7492 4915. A mound, possibly a barrow, is depicted on the 1888 Ordnance Survey map in rough pasture.  SS 7492 4915. This is a disused stone quarry with an associated spoil heap.  The quarry is also shown on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1888, Devon Sheet 3(10).
- <2> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7491 4914 (41m by 35m)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926380 (Original Monarch entry: 926380)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 53804
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/227
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21533
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW85
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926380
Record last edited
May 13 2013 10:04AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.