MDE11728 - Possible banks and house platform on Cheriton Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS 7405 4695. McDonnell depicts low banks and possibly a house platform seen on aerial photographs. [1,2] SS 7405 4695. The area falls on the steep east facing slopes of Cheriton Hill overlooking the hamlet of Bridge Ball. The slopes are covered in inaccessible dense scrub (brambles, gorse and bracken) and no evidence was seen of these alleged banks and house platform. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7446D.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. APs RAF/CPE/UK/1980, 3049 Apr 1947.
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7407 4695 (87m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926281 (Original Monarch entry: 926281)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW74
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18100
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20749
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW67
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926281
Record last edited
Apr 8 2019 10:41AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.