MDE11727 - Possible banks on Scob Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 7473 4687. McDonnell reported vegetation marks on aerial photographs, suggesting three banks in a small group. [1,2] The area centred at SS 7473 4687 is about 320m OD on the northwest slopes of Scob Hill. The fields have been well ploughed and at present are under close cropped pasture. No trace of the alleged banks was seen. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7446C.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. APs RAF/CPE/UK/1980/3048 APR 1947.
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||SS 7472 4686 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926258 (Original Monarch entry: 926258)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW/73
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18099
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20748
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW66
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926258
Record last edited
May 31 2013 3:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.