MDE11722 - Possible Bronze Age barrow southeast of Lyn Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 7302 4785. Low round mound (thought to be a possible barrow) identified by McDonnell on aerial photographs. [1,2] The reference falls in a pasture field on a gentle north facing slope. There is no trace of a mound. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7347A.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPR/UK/1980/4049 (Apr 1947).
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 February 1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7303 4785 (18m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926214 (Original Monarch entry: 926214)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW/68
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18011
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20742
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW62
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926214
Record last edited
Mar 20 2018 12:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.