MDE11712 - Unconfirmed prehistoric hut circle southeast of Stock Castle (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 74 NW 55 AP Site (Hut Circle ?) SS 7204 4673. A low ring bank seen by McDonnell  on aerial photographs  and thought to be a possible hut circle. [1,2] SS 7204 4673. The area is a northwest facing hillslope under pasture. No trace of a ring bank was identified in the vicinity. 
- <1>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7246D. [Mapped feature: #44090 ]
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/YK/1980, 3052 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 3 February 1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7203 4669 (24m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926180 (Original Monarch entry: 926180)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW/60
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18002
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20736
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW55
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926180
Record last edited
Mar 20 2018 4:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.