MDE11710 - Post-medieval hollow way to south of Lyn Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Miscellaneous lengths of low banks on the south side of Lyn Down seen by McDonnell on aerial photographs and thought to be old field boundaries. [1,2] SS 7215 4666. The area is located on a gentle west facing hillslope under pasture. There are no traces of any banks but a short linear hollow, possibly a ploughed out hollow way was identified. It is of no archaeological significance. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7246A.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1980, 3052 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 February 1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7208 4658 (323m by 285m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=926174 (Original Monarch entry: 926174)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS74NW/58
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 18000
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20734
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW53
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 926174
Record last edited
Mar 20 2018 4:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.