MDE11652 - Undated natural features west of Lower Hollacombe (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 6451 4408. Trackways and small enclosures all associated with the deserted farm site of Lower Hollacombe (Ordnance Survey). N.B. The remaining earthworks transcribed as part of this feature are recorded as MMO336. [1-4] The area of the National Grid Reference is a very steep northeast facing hillside. Small streams, and a number of seasonal overflows marked by slight channels, run down the hillside. These and a marked hollowing caused either by spring sapping or, less likely, surface quarrying for stone are the features recorded by . No features of archaeological interest are visible on the surface.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM 2710 (June 1978).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1980 4094 (April 1947_.
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6444A.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 30 April 2019.
- <5> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. RCHME Field Investigation, 17-FEB-1993, WR Wilson-North..
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 925184, Extant 15 November 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6450 4409 (68m by 63m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=925184 (Pastscape entry: 925184)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 SW37
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 925184
Record last edited
Nov 15 2021 10:03PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.