MDE11233 - Possible modern sheep track south of Hill Brook Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Field bank south of Hill Brook Combe. It's visibility is good on the 1946 aerial photograph and fair on the 1978 aerial photograph. [1-3] SS 6555 4904. This feature, which appears to be a sheeptrack, is visible on an aerial photograph diagonally crossing the steep slopes on the east side of Heddon's Mouth Cleave. The area is now under dense vegetation, a mixture of deciduous trees, scrub and bracken, and no trace of a bank was identified on the ground. 
- <1> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . RAF 106G/UK 1655/3163 (11 July 1946).
- <2> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. MAM/2600 (June 1978).
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6549b. [Mapped feature: #45948 SS6549B]
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 8 June 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6553 4898 (170m by 136m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=915545 (Pastscape entry: 915545)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS64NE/44
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17930
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20544
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 NE62
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 915545
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.