The monument includes Wiveliscombe Barrow, a bowl barrow located 540m north of Burrow Farm on the summit of a broad ridge which extends along the Brendon Hills area of Exmoor. The barrow is formed by a circular mound the dimensions of which have previously been recorded as 20.5m in diameter and 2.3m high. In keeping with other bowl barrows in the region, the mound is surrounded by a ditch from which material was quarried for the construction of the mound and, although it is no longer visible at ground level, this will survive as a buried feature approximately 2m wide. The bowl barrow was previously known as Eastern Barrow and was marked as such on the 1833 tithe map.
Article Reference - Author: Grinsell, L V - Title: Somerset Barrows - Date: 1969 - Journal Title: Proceedings Somerset Archaeological & Natural History Society - Volume: 113, pt1 - Page References: 28 - Type: DESC TEXT - Description: Brompton Regis No 2