SS84SE LUCCOMBE CP STOKE PERO 5/58 Stoke Pero Church 22.5.69 - GV II*
Parish church, dedication unknown. C13 tower, 1897 church and tower reroofed and extensively restored, restored again 1955. Three bay nave and chancel without division, north porch, west tower. Random rubble local stone, slate roofs, overhanging eaves, sprockets. Saddleback one and a half stage tower, gable ends set east-west, diagonal buttress to string course, roof extended as catslide over north-west stair turret, small window as bell opening by stair turret, Irregularly placed square opening west end. South front of nave two 2-light mullioned window to chancel, 2-light east window, north front C19 3-light ovolo moulded mullioned windows flanking porch, buttress at junction of nave and chancel, gabled single storey porch with plain pointed arch opening, chamfered pointed arch opening to inner door, restored C16-C17 door with arcane lettering. Interior: rendered. No chancel arch, semi-circular tower arch, unmoulded with ogee moulded impost to archivault. Late C19 open wagon roof with bosses, C19 pews incorporating some Cl7 bench ends at west end. Pulpit of old panelling with moulded cornice. Baluster font. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958; Chadwick Healey, History of the Part of West Somerset, 1901).
Listing NGR: SS8783543495