PARRACOMBE CHURCHTOWN, Parracombe SS 64 SE 6/131 Court Place Farmhouse - - II Farmhouse. 1790 by date plaque, with C19 alterations. Stone rubble with slate-hung facade. Slate roof with slate-hung gable end stacks. Half-hipped slate roof to rear kitchen wing. Symmetrical 2-room and central staircase plan with 2-storey kitchen wing to rear left side, and dairy outshut to rear right side. Single shallow 2-storey extension of 1-room plan probably added in C19 at right end of main range. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-bay main range with added bay at right end, forming overall 4-window range. 4 paned sashes on each floor at left end. 2 light casement, 4 panes per light above timber porch, the sides infilled with brick. Shaped timber posts support slated gabled roof. Half-glazed plank door. Similar 2-light casement to right above C19 20 paned sash. Added bay at right end has C19 12-paned sash over rectangular 6 paned window. Slate date plaque at left gable end with inscription "This House was rebuilt by John Blackmore and Elizabeth in 1790". Brief interior inspection suggested all C19 joinery, including panelled doors, staircase and integral cupboards, is principally intact.
Listing NGR: SS6742344862